Thursday, April 14, 2011

He's a mover and a shaker!


Today was the greatest of days, today we met our little baby boy for the first time. We were on pins and needles all morning getting ready for the big appointment. I followed the advice of all of the great ladies on the babycenter boards and started my morning with 2 chocolate frosted donuts, an orange juice, and had a bottle of ice cold water as a back up (thanks, Val :)). We were determined to make sure this baby was moving!

And boy was he. It took our awesome technician all of 30 seconds to determine that he was a he (no shy boy here). From then on, all I heard was the word perfect over and over again. Spine, perfect. Brain, perfect. Heart, perfect. Kidneys, 2, and perfect. Feet, perfect. Hands, perfect. We even got him to settle down long enough to get a few really cute pictures. Needless to say we're on cloud nine. In between my many meetings today, Jesse and I picked up the first outfits for baby Weeks as well as a few more items for the registry!

I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from family, friends and even friends I've lost touch with over the years. It takes a village to raise a child, and we sure do have one!

It's not to say I'm not still nervous, heck, I'm still 2 weeks away from the half way marker, but this day has calmed so many of our worse fears. And yes, we have a name in mind, and no, we're still not sure if we're sharing. We've told a couple people so far and have already gotten mixed reaction which is just not what we're looking for. We have thought this name through over and over again and don't want to second guess it when we finally agree! :)

And for your viewing pleasure tonight, baby Weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment