Saturday, March 5, 2011

Coming out of the closet

Was easy when it came to family and friends. After our loss this summer, everyone was so awesome and supportive that we wouldn't have had it any other way. At no point did we think we wouldn't tell people this time around. But, as things began to progress in a positive way, we realized there were "other" people that had to know...our bosses.

Now, my job is generally a good one - my principal and I have a good relationship and my department head and I have a very good relationship. Yet, despite all this, we knew it wasn't going to be an easy conversation. I had recently found out the other woman who teacher AP Lit was due 3 days before me and had already told the power that be. Now our school would be losing the two of us at once, and I know how they tend to freak out about those sort of things.

So, the day came and we took her aside, and thankfully she was both supportive and happy for us! It honestly was like ripping off a band-aid, because the news just rolled off my tongue for the remainder of the day. I spent today telling my bosses at my second job (who were equally excited) and even spread the news to cousins who wouldn't otherwise have known.

All that's left is the eventual facebook, "We're pregnant" post, and we've both decided that can wait a bit. We have another appointment to hear the heart rate again March 25 then should have an US 2-3 weeks after that to determine the sex. Most likely, at that point, I'll throw up the picture and either "It's a girl" or "It's a boy" and that will be that.

And if you wondered, yup, still anxious, every day. But, apparently, I am "showing" a bit, but that will be a post and picture for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment