Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The magical disappearing belly button

Before becoming pregnant, I was well aware that my belly button may eventually "pop" out, but I was not aware that it slowly disappears first. I started this pregnancy with a pretty good looking belly button, nice and deep, well rounded, everything a belly button should be. Over the last month or so, it's been slowly rounding out to the point where there's hardly anything left. At this point, it's like there's this round disk in the center of my belly that is discolored around the edges from where it used to be "inside". I have no doubt that the day will come, sooner rather than later, that it will fully emerge from its disk-like shape and pop out like the Thanksgiving turkey dinner. But for now, I am like Pilate from Morrison's Song of Solomon, belly-buttonless and forever pregnancy curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment