Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another good appointment under my belt

I had my latest checkup last Thursday and everything was great again. She checked the heartbeat and measured my fundal height for the first time. Both measured right on target! I go back again next month for another check up and for the start of my third trimester.

As I progress through this incredible process, I am constantly in awe of the power of the human body, yet at the same time terrified by it. Jesse and I have really embraced our little one, but worry every day that something is still destined to go wrong. We're almost completely in the safe zone now and will definitely start to breathe easy in the coming weeks - the record for a child surviving pre-term is 21w5d and most hospitals will do what it takes to save a baby born after 24 weeks. At 22w1d now, every day our baby stays with us increases the chances of him living a long and happy life.

His kicks and nudges offer consistent reassurance, but there are days that he is stronger and most consistent than others, so it is still hard to relax 100%. But we're getting there, and that means the world to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment